Toronto, Canada, 9th Dec 2021, ZEXPRWIRE, We have all been to the hospital once in a lifetime or maybe more but we could say that we all maybe once have been admitted. yeah , most of us must not have a very relaxing experience with that and would be wanting to run home ASAP! That’s because we have all noticed that hospital beds are not an ideal place to get a good night’s rest and sleep my friend, it is essential for your health and recovery.
According to this Dutch study, you sleep 83 minutes less in the hospital than at home!
On average, we spend seven hours in bed sleeping and another hour falling asleep and waking up.
The comfort of a person who is bed bound or confined to bed for many hours a day due to a medical condition is essential. They are unable to rise and move to another location. Minor annoyances can quickly escalate into severe annoyances and even painful injuries; a lumpy mattress can lead to bedsores if left untreated.
We just cannot sleep without our bed and bringing your bed with you is another hassle but maybe we can find out ways to make our stay at hospital a bit more comforting.
Let’s see how.
1. Love Your BedTime-Hospital Bed Mattresses
Mattresses play a very important role when it comes to sleep. Ah, the comforting feel of a nice bouncy, soothing mattress is like an addiction and hospital bed mattresses.. Yeah maybe we’ll just pass on that.
When all you do in bed is sleep, cheap inner-spring mattresses are OK, but they lack the pressure-distribution support needed for long-term comfort. To adjust to the occupant’s body form and posture, high-quality hospital bed mattresses use progressive laminated foams or memory foam. They are designed to intelligently distribute pressures, reducing the shear and pressure that causes bedsores.
The material of which the mattress is made has a big game! A mattress that can handle wetness, smells, and bacteria is necessary for patients who spend a lot of time in bed. Mattresses become a health hazard when moisture cannot evaporate. To maintain a hygienic and comfortable atmosphere, the filling and fabric of home hospital bed mattresses allow for quick evaporation and contain antimicrobial capabilities.
2. Robo Bed-Remote Controlled Adjustments
We all like tech-savvy stuff as we have escalated in the digital era then why not hospital beds. Also getting control in your hand makes you feel like the king of the world even if you’re on the hospital bed!
People who have control over their environment are happier.A motorised adjustable bed allows users to modify their position from the comfort of their own bed via a remote control. They can sit up when they wish, modify the height of the bed, adjust the position of their head and legs, and even tilt the surface of our premium home hospital beds with Trendelenburg and Reverse Trendelenburg adjustments, all with the use of a remote.
3. Oh Accessories for Hospital Bed!
Small comforts make a great difference when you spend a lot of time in bed. Ergonomic attachments with a wide range of functions can be added to hospital beds:
- Bed Bumper Pads-The bed rail pads or bumper pads allow patients to assist themselves in getting in and out of bed, as well as prevent them from falling out.
- Cushioning: For agitated or ataxic patients, padding the rail parts is an excellent alternative.
- Split-rail variants are used in many hospitals for self-supporting use of top and bottom bed rails.
- Visualization: The window models are helpful for patients who feel sad or isolated because they can’t see outside their bed.
- Reduce the risk of becoming tangled in the crevices between the bed rails.
- Upgrade your hospital room with overbed tables-Hospital bed tables are used for eating, reading, and using electronic equipment like laptops.
- Stay organized with Bed Caddy’s-Accessible storage, such as bedside organisers and hanging caddy’s, aids in keeping the bed neat and tidy.
- Gatch Beds-Three movable sections, made functional with spring mechanisms to elevate the head, foot, and midsection (knee) as required.
- Silence is peace-Earplugs or headphones to eliminate hospital noise and nice sleeping masks.
Who doesn’t like a little princess treatment even at the hospital?
4. Linens-The ultimate solution to insomnia
Apart from making the bed look really stylish it gives a great deal of comfort and soothingness.Sheets that don’t fit properly cause a lot of discomfort. They clump together under moving people, causing discomfort and contributing to bedsores. When the bed’s head and foot settings are changed, they become loose. Patients become entangled, putting them at risk of falling. Materials of poor quality tear, ladder, and absorb moisture and heat.
5. Mattress Covers for Incontinence
Many people suffer from bowel and urine incontinence, which leads to sleep problems and psychological issues. These waterproof mattress coverings guarantee comfort, a dry bed, and a restful night’s sleep.
The bed pads are placed on top of or beneath the mattress. Medical waterproof mattress protectors are easy to come by on the internet.
It has a significant impact on incontinence patients in hospitals. The incontinence bed pads come in helpful instead of changing the mattress too often and getting it wet.
It’s a Wrap!
Maybe, people would prefer staying at the hospital longer when the comfort level will be high.
These five ways might make your hospital bed more like home’s and your hospital stay a bit more bearable or maybe just like a hotel, for sure!
Name: Hospital Bed Rental Inc
Email: [email protected]
Address: 1570 Kipling Ave., Suite B2, Toronto, ON M9R 2Y1