Toronto, Canada, 26 Sep 2021, ZEXPRWIRE, Whether indoors or outdoors, we see handrails everywhere, and there is a good reason for that. Railings add style and safety to staircases in any home or workplace. In addition, they provide stability needed by giving aid and support to people who ascend or descend on stairs.
Things To Consider
To ensure that the handrails provide the proper support to people who go up and down the stairs, homes and businesses have to comply with UK’s building regulations. There are several guidelines outlined in Part K of the Building Regulations. Check out the list below for more details:
- On any platform, a walkway or landing hat is higher than .5m is required to have a guardrail.
- On a stairway, the top handrail must be 1000mm from the walkway.
- If a middle or lower guardrail is needed, it should be positioned 600mm above the walkway or stairs.
- The handrail on stairs and landings need to be continuous. They should begin 300mm before the first riser on stairs, and it needs to extend the top riser by 300mm.
- The railing can sweep toward the wall or join the lower rail towards the end of the run.
- The railing should contrast with the background colour of the surface where they are to be fitted.
- If the stairs are less than 1m wide, a handrail on one or both sides is needed, but a bar on both sides is required if the stairs are more prominent than 1m wide.
You also need to factor in several things when building handrails, such as the type of clamps to be used and the dimension of the pipe that will be utilized to create the barrier. If you are doing general and commercial handrailing projects, you can use C and D clamps. But if you are doing loading bays or working on warehouse environments, E clamps are the best options for you.
Nowadays, stair handrail kits are designed to enable you to create the handrail you want, whether the surface the railing is being applied to is levelled or on a slope. For example, C and D clamps are the best fit to end handrail posts for a level surface. Moreover, additional kits are offered in the market, such as corner handrail kits for a level surface, middle handrail post for sloped surface, middle handrail post for level surface and bottom or top handrail posts.
With, several handrail kits are available in the market. Whether you are a rookie or an experienced builder, these kits will help you quickly build your handrail project at home or work. If you are looking for a reputable source of stair handrail kits, you can check out Steel Products Direct. They provide all of the kits mentioned above.
Are DDA Kits Available?
Steel Products Direct also offers kits compliant with the Equality Act 2010 by giving non-discriminatory handrail solutions. In addition, their DDA kits are designed to satisfy Part “M” of the Building Regulations 2004.
They offer kits that will easily allow you to attach a handrail tube to a wall surface by enabling handrail bends and rises. You can also connect your DDA handrail to a handrail upright, fix your middle tail to your end post, connect your top rail to your end post and even finish with an end cap.
For easy to install stair handrail kits, you can check out Speed Products Direct. They have a dedicated team who designed kits to ensure that your handrail project will go as smoothly as possible. So whether you are a tradesperson, contractor, hobbyist or DIY enthusiast, they are available to help you finish your handrail project.
You may browse and see stair handrail kits at Speed Products Direct. They offer a wide range of tubes, clamps and handrails and walkway accessories, from GRP modular handrails, seel perorated ladder rungs, steel tube clamps, and nominal bore steel tubes. For all your landscaping, architectural and construction handrail needs. They have it all.
Company: style and stairs kits
Email: [email protected]