Orange County California, 13th July 2022, ZEXPRWIRE, James Nivette began his career in 1999 in Professional Services for Business Objects America, where he streamlined best practices and implementation using best practices and lessons learned. He then served as SVP of Asia Pacific for the same company between 2001 and 2003, overseeing enterprise operations including: sales, services, training and development. In 2003, Nivette joined Plumtree Software as a senior leader of service, overseeing all aspects of the software implementation process until 2005. He then worked at: Infor Global Solutions (2005 to 2009) as an account executive, Empower Software Solutions (2010 to 2012) as a national account manager, SAP (2012 to 2015) as a core client partner, and account executive, Inovium (2015 to 2018) as the CEO, BackOffice Associates (2018 to 2019) as a client account executive, and Rimini Street Inc (2019 to 2021) as a senior account executive. In 2021, due to the pandemic he went independent consulting for several Fortune 100 corporations. Currently Mr. Nivette is a leader in the SAP space assisting SAP customers in their data journey. In his current and previous roles, he has been responsible for leading and working with teams, both large and small.
Jim credits his career as a project manager in the software industry to his college years. After meeting someone in the industry who seemed very happy and successful, he was inspired to become a project manager with a focus on the tech industry. The conversation he once had in college turned out to be a good decision, and as he has seen it pay off.
James Nivette has worked in the software industry for over two decades and has had my fair share of exciting experiences. One of the most memorable for him happened a few years ago when he was working on a significant project with a team of developers based in the Asia-Pacific region. The team was all working around the clock to meet their deadline, and they had to pull an all-nighter at one point. Around 3 am, one of the developers started making tea for everyone. It was a small gesture, but it helped boost morale and kept them going until we finally finished the project. That experience showed Nivette the power of teamwork and human connection, even amid chaos.
Jim Nivette has found all the major social media platforms to be quite effective in increasing business revenues. He says, “I think it really depends on what you’re selling and who your target audience is. For example, if you’re selling a B2-B product, LinkedIn will probably be your best bet. But if you’re selling a consumer product, Facebook or Instagram might be better. I’ll give you an example from my own experience. A few years ago, we were launching a new B2B software product. We did a bunch of targeted ads on LinkedIn and also reached out to potential customers directly through Email. That ended up being an effective strategy for us, and we could generate many leads that way.”
A strong LinkedIn presence is essential to success in today’s business world. Here are 5 ways James Nivette says are great to leverage LinkedIn to improve your business dramatically:
- Use LinkedIn to connect with potential customers and clients. LinkedIn is an excellent platform for making professional connections. By reaching out to potential customers and clients on LinkedIn, we have opened up new opportunities for our business.
- Use LinkedIn to share your expertise. When you share your expertise on LinkedIn, you position yourself as an expert in your field. This has helped us attract new customers and clients and build trust with our existing network.
- Use LinkedIn to create valuable content. Creating valuable content on LinkedIn is a great way to get potential customers and clients noticed. It also helps to build your credibility and authority in your industry.
- Use LinkedIn to network with industry leaders. Connecting with industry leaders on LinkedIn can help you gain insights into the latest trends and developments in your field. It can also help you make meaningful connections that can benefit your business. We met some of our clients and business partners through LinkedIn.
- Use LinkedIn to stay up-to-date on industry news. By following relevant publications and influencers on LinkedIn, we have managed to stay up-to-date on current and trending affairs pertinent to our industry. This has helped us develop the latest and timely solutions for our client’s problems.